InterCAD is seeking young, energetic and passionate ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGISTS and CIVIL ENGINEERS that meet the general requirements described below for our KELOWNA and VANCOUVER office locations.
Civil Engineer-in-Training or Technologist
Job Description / Duties:We are seeking applicants with experience in the areas of highways, land development and/or municipal servicing.
Scope of duties include:
- - preparation of engineering design drawings
- - municipal servicing design such as storm and sanitary sewer design
- - watermain layout and sizing
- - site grading and retaining wall design
- - road alignment evaluations
- - intersection design
- - digital terrain model development and assessment
- - evaluation of quantities and preparation of cost estimates
- - topographic field surveys
- - tender evaluations
- - contract administration duties including site inspections of active construction sites to confirm proper workmanship and monitor construction progress
- - preparation of as-constructed record drawings
- - progress payment certification and preparation of change orders
- - on-site progress review meetings and preparation of meeting notes
Skills Required:Qualifications include a civil engineering technologist with 1 to 2 years experience, or civil engineering graduate with 1 to 2 years experience, relevant to municipal land development, preferably in British Columbia; working knowledge of CAD design software packages such as MicroStation and/or AutoCAD; strong written and oral communication skills. Must be familiar with local municipal and provincial engineering standards and practices. Consideration will also be given to recent graduates who are pursuing a career in this field.
Application Details:Interested applicants should provide a resume via email or in-person to the attention of Stephen Clinton, PEng at:
InterCAD Services Ltd
1111 West 8th Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia V6H 1C5